Saturday, July 22, 2017

Special commands: Still rearing their ugly heads

Another playtest, another set of glitches to fix.

Cover was not working correctly in today's test run.  DK Cecil's first appearance, replacing Yang, did not have an Item menu option, and DK Cecil 2 was the cover actor.  Turns out this one was completely my fault; I miskeyed Rosa (who was PCecil) and Yang in the Cover rewiring code.  This has been fixed.

More troubling is Auto-Hide.  Edward himself is auto-hiding correctly; no problems there.  However, whoever took Edward's place is losing the ability to take turns when he/she hits critical HP.  While this isn't the most game breaking issue, it's not at all intended.  I've notified PinkPuff, since any ROM made with FF4kster that used that program's function to change the Auto-Hide actor would also be affected.  We'll see if he finds something; otherwise, I'll have to hunt it down myself.

I'm still thinking this project is within a week of completion, though!  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment