Saturday, July 15, 2017

Lessons from Friday's test run

Yesterday I completed a test run of the Lunarian Shuffle.  I had started that run 2 days before, and since then many bugs had been fixed, so I was tempted to skip completing it.  I'm glad I kept going, though, because I learned a few things!

First of all, I got to see what happens when you hit the jackpot:
More importantly, I noticed that Cid, who had taken over my Paladin Cecil, was actually allowed to use the Crystal against Zeromus!  I did not expect this at all, since every other combat item in the game flags its usability by job rather than by actor.  I should have figured that Squaresoft would "special case" something like this, considering how much of this game was made that way.

In any case, this means that I can remove the "Zeromus automatically transforms" hack that I had been applying to the fight.  I just hope it's clear to the player that, even if they have a Paladin Cecil in their party, the "main character" is the one that should be using the Crystal.

Also, Porom and Yang's replacements were not being displayed properly in the epilogue; they remained as their original characters, resulting in a wedding with 2 sets of clones.

No comments:

Post a Comment