Thursday, August 10, 2017

V1.02 nearly complete!

I have done the bulk of the work for The Lunarian Shuffle's v1.02 release.  "Shorter cutscenes" are now an option.

I decided against the "faster menus" patch.  It changes the feel of the game rather significantly without impacting the actual time expenditure much, which is the opposite of what I'm going for with these single-sitting-friendly options.

The "hold Y to run" patch has been implemented, but I'm pulling it out of this release.  It was designed to work in the Ancient Cave project, which has no real cutscenes and no vehicles.  When beginning a plot event or while riding an airship or chocobo, the code behaves rather strangely, often making you move slowly when you shouldn't.  I still want the feature, but its interaction with the main story is not yet up to The Lunarian Shuffle's standards.

A few other minor changes have happened, most noticeably another buff to FuSoYa's spell learning levels.

Today I will be streaming a final test run of v1.02's shortened cutscenes before making that version live!

No comments:

Post a Comment